Medication Assistant - Sea View Senior Living Community
Considering career growth? Considering working in a highly professional, caring, and stable environment? Considering living and working in a friendly, community where refined tastes blend with down-home values? Seasons Management, a premier provider for senior living communities including independent, assisted, and memory care living, is seeking a passionate and strong customer oriented Medication Assistant for Sea View Senior Living Community located in Brookings, Oregon.
With Seasons Management, our goal is to provide excellent services to our residents and to their families, by empowering our staff and conducting ourselves with integrity and honesty. We believe that the success of a community is directly related to this commitment, quality and skill of each Executive Director at each community. We believe that our most valuable asset is our staff. Our top priority is tending to wants, needs, and comfort of our residents. Our fundamental beliefs are based on five core values, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Commitment, and Expertise.
The Medication Assistant is responsible for all of the duties in relation to safely administering medications and treatments to the residents. It also requires a maturity and responsible attitude in order for the residents to have confidence in ability to administer medications and treatments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General management responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing and accepting the final accountability for the following either directly or through designated staff:
* Responsible for fulfilling daily, weekly and monthly job checklist duties. *See attached job duties checklist
* Reads, Understands and appropriately documents on the 24-hour communication reports; Understands the resident alert status and documents appropriately in the resident’s record
* Legible, accurate documentation on the medication record
* Assists resident with transportation and appointments as needed
* Notifies Resident Care Coordinator/Executive Director/Director of Resident Services of resident change of condition
* Faxes medication orders to pharmacy
* Faxes physician as care needs arise or as instructed by Director of Resident Services/RCC
* Notifies physician when pre-authorizations are required or medications not covered by insurance
* Assists with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications
* Assists with monthly medication records as needed
Sea View Senior Living Community offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Sea View Senior Living Community is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be able to flawlessly pass a fingerprint/criminal background check and a comprehensive reference check. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume with a cover letter attached to the online job application.
Job Type: Full Time
* Prefer high-school diploma, or equivalent, or minimum education required per state
Community is located in Brookings, Oregon.
Thank you for applying!