Cook - Westwind Memory Care
Considering career growth? Considering working in a highly professional, caring, and stable environment? Considering living and working in a friendly, community where refined tastes blend with down-home values? Seasons Management, a premier provider for senior living communities including independent, assisted, and memory care living, is seeking a passionate and strong customer oriented Cook for Westwind Memory Care located in Santa Cruz, California.
With Seasons Management, our goal is to provide excellent services to our residents and to their families, by empowering our staff and conducting ourselves with integrity and honesty. We believe that the success of a community is directly related to this commitment, quality and skill of each Executive Director at each community. We believe that our most valuable asset is our staff. Our top priority is tending to wants, needs, and comfort of our residents. Our fundamental beliefs are based on five core values, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Commitment, and Expertise.
The Cook works under the Dining Services Manager and supports all activities of the Dining Services Department including the Kitchen and Dining Room. This position is responsible for quality of meals served, quality of service delivery during meal service and for compliance with special diets offered by the Community. It is important to provide the highest quality food preparation, plate presentation and prompt service to all Residents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General management responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing and accepting the final accountability for the following either directly or through designated staff:
- Follows the approved Menu Program or approved substitution menu that meets nutritional requirements, as directed by the Dining Services Director; If assisting with food purchasing, then follows buying practices approved by the company; Conforms to policy and procedures for all special diets offered; Responds to resident likes and dislikes maintaining high resident satisfaction.
- Ensure that all foods are prepared to satisfaction of residents and in accordance with safe food handling practices.
- Maintains food temperatures during storage, production and serving according to required food safety standards.
- Uses equipment that meets all health department standards; All food items are stored appropriately and dated properly.
- Ensures that staff provides service that maintains good resident experiences during meal times.
Westwind Memory Care offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Westwind Memory Care is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be able to flawlessly pass a fingerprint/criminal background check, a pre-employment drug test, and a comprehensive reference check. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume with a cover letter attached to the online job application.
Job Type: Full Time – Shifts Vary
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cooking skills and ability to follow instructions/recipes consistently.
- High school diploma or equivalent or as required by state.
Ask about our $500 sign on bonus!
Thank you for applying!