Director of Health Services - Seasons Management
Considering career growth? Considering working in a highly professional, caring, and stable environment? Considering living and working in a friendly, community where refined tastes blend with down-home values? Seasons Management, a premier provider for senior living communities including independent, assisted, and memory care living, is seeking a passionate and strong customer oriented Director of Health Services located in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
With Seasons Management, our goal is to provide excellent services to our residents and to their families, by empowering our staff and conducting ourselves with integrity and honesty. We believe that the success of a community is directly related to this commitment, quality and skill of each Executive Director at each community. We believe that our most valuable asset is our staff. Our top priority is tending to wants, needs, and comfort of our residents. Our fundamental beliefs are based on five core values, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Commitment, and Expertise.
The Director of Health Services promotes standards and clinical practices that are in compliance with the rules and regulations of all communities which include independent, assisted, and memory care associated with Seasons Management. To work as part of a team to implement and maintain quality improvement programs, to provide leadership, training and mentoring to staff employed at the community level, and to maintain high standards regarding compliance and resident satisfaction. This position requires the ability to travel from our home office to our communities located throughout Oregon, California, Utah, Texas, and New Mexico an average of 50% and up to 1 week at a time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General management responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight of all health services responsibilities of the company including regulatory and risk management.
- Monitor community implementation resident care policies/procedures that meet standards of excellence and each state's regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor community implementation of Wellness Programs (medication management, nutrition, fitness, disease prevention, fall management, continence management etc.).
- Perform routine community site visits to evaluate the quality of services provided and residents/family satisfaction.
- Provide clinical guidance and assist with care management and problem solving.
- Reviews pertinent policies, procedures and systems of each community to assure quality services are provided to meet resident's needs.
- Provide orientation, education for all Wellness/Executive Directors and resident care staff. Perform pre-opening and routine “mock” surveys for the community and assist with licensing/re-licensing survey preparation.
- Collaborate with Marketing/Sales staff to assure an appropriate market to move-in process and determine additional services necessary to meet market needs.
Seasons Management offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Seasons Management is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be able to flawlessly pass a fingerprint/criminal background check, and a comprehensive reference check. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume with a cover letter attached to the online job application.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Associates Degree Required, BSN preferred.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted RN license.
- Minimum of 5 years healthcare management experience, demonstrates clinical competency in the areas of assessment, medication management, service planning and disease management.
- 2-3 years of experience in senior housing/assisted living desired.
- State RN license in primary state of responsibility. Ability to get RN license in other states if needed. Valid driver's license required for extensive travel.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, be organized in the management of resident care and the supervision of staff.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
- Extensive travel is required.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance for qualifying applicants.
Thank you for applying!