Director of Holistic Food Services
Director of Holistic Food Services - $1500 Sign-on Bonus
Elk Meadows is looking for outstanding Director of Holistic Food Services to lead our Gratitude concept kitchen into its next stage of growth. The Director of Holistic Food Services works under the Executive Director and supports all activities of the Holistic Food Services Department including the Kitchen and Dining Room.
This position is responsible for creating a delightful dining experience with holistic meals served, for efficient and polite meal service and for compliance with special diets offered by the Community.
We’reseeking an experienced culinary arts person with previous leadership experience who is inspired by natural and organic cuisine and wants to contribute to an amazingly productive, holistic kitchen!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Kitchen adheres to State Health and Hygiene Requirements, also meeting Elk Meadows standards.
- Ensures that staff provides service that maintains good resident experiences during meal times.
- Supervise and maintain food inventory, supplies, and equipment, reorder as needed by submitting purchase orders.
- Understanding of holistic food preparation, seasonality and thoughtful execution of menu and creation of new dishes/rotating specials under the guidance of the Nutritional consultant.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of organic ingredients and sustainable farming practices.
- Cultivate positive relationships with current vendors and create strong partnerships with new vendors.
- Responsible to execute food production at the targeted food cost.
- Plan and prepare all holiday and special event meals.
- Maintain inventory and prepare purchase requisitions for food supplies in a timely fashion.
- Supervise cleaning of the kitchen and dining room area.
- Ensure overall kitchen and dining room cleanliness including refrigerators, freezers, ovens, floors, dishes after each meal, food prep and all other responsibilities.
- Train and develop and all kitchen staff.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining the labor model for each location including maintaining a proper staffing level and enforcing scheduling procedures.
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback
- Communicate needs for present and future meals in a timely fashion
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate high-level of knowledge in farm-to-table, natural foods and remaining current regarding food service, health & wellness and cuisine trends
- Proven track record of successful relationships with both management team and direct reports
- Ability to foster strong relationships with guests and co workers
- Highly collaborative, flexible team player, keen to engage in positive, supportive, professional relationships
- 2-5 years supervisory experience, meal coordination, and overall food and kitchen safety experience in a kitchen, cafeteria, restaurant, or other similar environment.
- A passion for people and giving great service
- Ability to work harmoniously on a team in a dynamic large kitchen
- Be able to stand on feet all day, including occasional moderate lifting, bending, and prepping.
- Fluency in English required.
Elk Meadows Assisted Living & Memory Care Community offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Elk Meadows is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume to the online job application.
Ask about our sign-on bonus!
Job Type: Full Time.
Thank you for applying!