Activities Assistant - Parkland MC
Considering career growth? Considering working in a highly professional, caring, and stable environment? Considering living and working in a friendly, community where refined tastes blend with down-home values? Seasons Management, a premier provider for senior living communities including independent, assisted, and memory care living, is seeking a passionate and strong customer-oriented Activity Assistant for Parkland MC located in Chandler, AZ.
With Seasons Management, our goal is to provide excellent services to our residents and to their families, by empowering our staff and conducting ourselves with integrity and honesty. We believe that the success of a community is directly related to this commitment, quality and skill of each Executive Director at each community. We believe that our most valuable asset is our staff. Our top priority is tending to wants, needs, and comfort of our residents. Our fundamental beliefs are based on five core values, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Commitment, and Expertise.
The Activities Assistant is responsible for assisting the Life Enrichment Director in coordinating and conducting all internal and external resident activities. This includes assisting with creating the monthly activity calendar, assessing resident preferences and guiding programs to meet their needs. The Activities Assistant may be required to safely drive the community van for activity outings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing and accepting the final accountability for the following either directly or through designated staff:
- Conduct and participate in activities to suit a variety of interests and skill levels for the residents using resident comments and input.
- Effectively encourage and actively promote resident participation in activities through internal, formal and informal communication networks.
- Assist with the monthly calendar; Print, mail and post to keep all residents and the community aware of the activities going on.
- Be aware for shifts in preferences, values and attitudes of the residents, and communicate those shifts with the Activities Director.
- Responsible for fostering teamwork with co-workers, showing initiative in overcoming obstacles, taking actions which assists others beyond job responsibilities, and having a positive impact on co-workers, residents and visitors.
- Conduct yourself and the business at all times so as not to distract from, or to reflect adversely on the reputation of the Community.
- Reports to work in a safe manner and understands that potentially hazardous conditions are managed; Compliance with Safety Committee Standards is required.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Transport residents to and from destinations safely.
- Be properly oriented in advance for all trips and resident outings.
Parkland MC offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Parkland MC is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be able to flawlessly pass a fingerprint/criminal background check and a comprehensive reference check. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume with a cover letter attached to the online job application.
Job Type: Part-Time
- High school diploma or equivalent, higher education preferred in a related field.
- Must be able to speak English proficiently.
- Current and valid state drivers license or current and/or valid CDL license as required.
- Driving record must be in good standing, free of any moving violations and acceptable to insurance carrier.
Thank you for applying!