Community Nurse - The Lodge in Sisters
Considering career growth? Considering working in a highly professional, caring, and stable environment? Considering living and working in a friendly, community where refined tastes blend with down-home values? Seasons Management, a premier provider for senior living communities including independent, assisted, and memory care living, is seeking a passionate and strong customer oriented Community Nurse for The Lodge in Sisters located in Sisters, Oregon.
With Seasons Management, our goal is to provide excellent services to our residents and to their families, by empowering our staff and conducting ourselves with integrity and honesty. We believe that the success of a community is directly related to this commitment, quality and skill of each Executive Director at each community. We believe that our most valuable asset is our staff. Our top priority is tending to wants, needs, and comfort of our residents. Our fundamental beliefs are based on five core values, Integrity, Innovation, Compassion, Commitment, and Expertise.
The Community Nurse assists with ensuring the quality of care of all residents. This position requires creativity, flexibility, time management skills, and a knowledge base of the geriatric population who may have complex medical needs. It also requires the ability to provide health services training to other employees of the Community, and to oversee the medication administration program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General management responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing and accepting the final accountability for the following either directly or through designated staff:
* Responsible for fulfilling daily, weekly and monthly job checklist duties and other duties as needed.
* Assess the health conditions and needs of the residents upon move in and when a change of condition indicates assessment.
* Ensure the resident safety needs are met, utilizing specific assessment and evaluation tools.
* Ensure routine resident assessments are met on a quarterly basis.
* Serve as a liaison between the Community, family and resident when needed.
* Communicate and coordinate with case managers, guardians, family members or regulators when resident’s safety is at risk.
* Coordinate care with outside providers when higher level of care is required.
* Perform medication room and medication cart audits as needed.
* Monitor the 24-hour communication and alert system for compliance; Appropriately and timely assess residents who have been put on alert status; Remove residents from alert after appropriate assessment of their condition.
* Review all physician’s transcriptions, progress notes, discharge orders, move in orders, and hospital notes; update as necessary every 90 days.
* Investigate incidents and behavior changes that require a License Nurse assessment; Document all incidents and changes in the resident’s progress notes.
The Lodge in Sisters offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
The Lodge in Sisters is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates must be able to flawlessly pass a fingerprint/criminal background check, and a comprehensive reference check. Candidates who are interested in the position, please send a current resume with a cover letter attached to the online job application.
Job Type: Full Time
* A current nursing license in the state of employment.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Must be able to speak English proficiently.
Thank you for applying!